I found a recipe on Pinterest the other day for a no-bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal slice (original recipe here: http://amy-newnostalgia.blogspot.com.au/2010/05/best-recipe-ive-ever-messed-up.html) that looked absolutely delicious. I decided to give it a try on the weekend, but of course had to add my own spin to the original recipe. This is quick and easy to make, and the taste is simply amazing…you won’t be able to stop at one bar that’s for sure!
– 1/2 cup coconut oil
– 200g block 70% cocoa chocolate, broken into pieces
– 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
– 2/3 cup raw honey
– 2 cups rolled oats (use puffed rice or quinoa here if you want to make a gluten free version)
– 1 cup dried fruit – I used dried apricots, dates, craisins and sultanas
– Desiccated coconut to sprinkle on top
– Place coconut oil, peanut butter and honey in a bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Add in broken chocolate pieces and microwave for a further minute. Take out mixture and stir – the chocolate should be melted and all ingredients should be incorporated. Add dried fruit and oats to chocolate mixture and stir until well combined. Press mixture into a greased and lined lamington tray, sprinkle with desiccated coconut, and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Remove slice from pan and cut into bars (my tray made 24 pieces of slice – cut 6 x 4). Keep slice in airtight container in fridge for up to a week.